World of Learning Waterford
Welcome to our Waterford West World of Learning. Our child care centre is located conveniently for families living or commuting through Waterford West and nearby suburbs Crestmead, Logan Reserve and Marsden. Our Waterford West child care centre offers early childhood education for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years from 6:30am to 6:30 pm.
Our Waterford West child care centre has an amazing team of highly qualified and passionate early childhood teachers and educators that are dedicated to ensuring every child feels safe, nurtured, and inspired throughout their early years' education journey. To ensure our families feel connected to their child's learning and development, we provide daily updates and photos detailing their child's learning and development, accessible on our family app.
Our Waterford West child care centre is designed to be a home away from home that encourages every child’s exploration. Our resource-rich early learning environments have been carefully designed to immerse your child into a world of exploration, curiosity, and learning.
Each learning space extends onto our beautiful outdoor environment, which encourages endless opportunities for play! Our outdoor environments include a duck area, sandpits, swing, and fortes for children to safely develop their strength, balance, and self-confidence through play-based learning.
Play is essential to every child's learning and development. It enables children to make decisions, learn, take risks, and have fun. Our experienced team plan play-based learning activities in line with national standards. The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) is designed to engage in your child’s interests and allow them to experience each day in a new way, supporting their learning in the lead-up to primary school.
Our Early Learning Curriculum also provides children with :
- Real Life experiences - Children participate in fun and exciting experiences such as woodworking, harvesting the veggie garden, caring for our worm farm and basic cooking skills.
- Sustainability Program - Each age group participates in a sustainability project that help children embed sustainable practices into everyday life. Children learn about recycling, conserving water, growing food and the importance of looking after and protecting our planet.
- Music and movement programs - Our music programs have been designed to help develop fundamental skills that help support children’s self-regulation, memory, and concentration.
- Community engagement activities - We often have visits from local community librarians, local police, and other community services in Waterford to help familiarise the children with their local community. We also have excursions to our local primary school Marsden Primary weekly to assist our kindergarten children with their transition to "big school".
- Language Lessons - The centre uses the ELLA digital platform to teach the children Japanese and the foundations of foreign languages and different cultures.
We provide children with nutrient-rich, unprocessed, and seasonal whole foods – that have been created to please even the fussiest of eaters. Our cook caters to the unique dietary requirements of every child.
Here at our Waterford West early learning centre, we believe that by encouraging active participation in food preparation (such as growing & harvesting the fruit and vegetables, preparing, and helping cook the meal) - children learn to appreciate and understand the importance of healthy eating.
For added convenience, we also offer our families a grab-and-go breakfast snack and coffee.
We look forward to partnering with you and your family to provide information, support, and high-quality early education and care in your child’s formative years. Read more about what to expect on your first day, and how you can prepare. When you're ready, contact our Family Support Team to start your journey with us at World of Learning Waterford West early education centre today.
|What we provide||What to bring|