At Narellan World of Learning, we do things a bit different. We have a very special centre community, and pride ourselves on our sincere connections to our families, our communities, our sector, and most importantly our children.
There are many things about our centre community that make us special, but here are a couple of features that we are most proud of:
- We are Narellan’s only early childhood education centre rated EXCEEDING the National Quality Standards.
- We are the only centre in the Narellan area open from 6:30am to 6:30pm.
- We have an established team and a strong community culture built on transparency and shared agency between families, children and educators.
- We have Long Day care for children aged 0-5 years, and Before and After School Care options servicing our local schools.
- We provide nappies, wipes, and all meals from breakfast to late afternoon tea. We are pleased to cater to all dietary requirements.
- We have a beautiful, modern purpose built centre with an oversized outdoors classroom.
- Our educational practices are progressive and reflective of current research and movements in the early childhood education sector. Our programs are tailored to meet the needs of individual children, but are also geared towards building a sense of community and shared learning opportunities for groups of people.
- We run a Bush Preschool program every Monday for Preschool aged children, and have qualified music teachers from Utopia Music visit every second Friday.
- We have strong links to the community, and are situated within walking distance to the Narellan Library and shops.
- We are an inclusive service and welcome children and families of all abilities, circumstances and backgrounds to contribute to our centre community.
Narellan World of Learning has proudly received an Exceeding rating under the National Quality Standards!
The National Quality Standard encompasses the 7 key quality areas that are important for children’s learning and development.
Our childcare centre proudly offers a kindergarten/preschool program to ensure your child is supported for their transition to school every step of the way. With a focus on language, literacy, numeracy, social skills and more your child will become school ready.
My name is Maddie Rizzo, and I have been a committed Early Childhood Educator for seven years. I have worked in a variety of long day care settings both in metropolitan Sydney and here in the South Western suburbs, and am thrilled to be a part of the team at Narellan World of Learning as Centre Manager.
The early years are a very special time in a person’s life, and Early Childhood Education services are pivotal in laying the foundations for lifelong learning. It is a privilege to be part of each child’s early learning narrative, not just to help them reach their academic potential, but to nurture them to become aware and kind people, who are empowered to contribute and take their place in our community.
This sector is exciting and ever evolving, and I choose to embrace modern pedagogy with open eyes, ears and an open mind. I aim to unite our community and drive our service towards excellence, creating a special place where all children feel celebrated for their competencies and knowledge, and educators and families can work together to create happy, meaningful, and lasting memories for our children.
Our centre provides care for the following age groups:
|0 – 2 years
||2 – 3 years
||3 – 4 years
||4 – 5 years
|Before and After School Care and Vacation Care
|6 – 12 years
Our centre provides long day care, before and after school care, and vacation care.
Our service provides the following facilities:
- Beautiful purpose built centre
- Huge outdoors classrooms
- Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and snacks provided
- All dietary requirements catered for
- Centre bus for before and after school pick up and for regular excursions
- All meals certified, nutritionally balanced, low salt, low sugar and of high quality
- Holistic learning programs covering early literacy, mathematics, science, the arts, physical development, cultural competence, emotional and social competence, connections with the community, sustainability, spiritual wellbeing and connections with nature.
- Weekly Bush Preschool excursion for Preschool children
- Music program informed by qualified music teachers from Utopia Music
- Sustainable garden with veggie patch and chickens
- Comprehensive outdoors learning program led by Outdoors room leader
- Complete artist grade creative studio and high quality learning resources
- Regular excursions around our community including Narellan Library
- Purpose built water play garden fountain
- Indoor/outdoor program and all weather play
- Very high proportion of fully qualified teachers and educators to guide the children’s development
- Regular all-expenses-paid performances visiting the service
- Annual dentist visits
Our centre also offers a vacation care program for children from 5-12 years old. We make life easier for our parents with extended operating hours and affordable fees. Our vacation care programs has a variety of activities with a focus on fun and learning! Your child will have endless amounts of fun with a mix of in-centre activities, indoor and outdoor play and visits to the community. Don’t miss out on a spot in our vacation care this coming holiday, Enquire today!
Reviews and Testimonials
See what some of our parents say about our centres:
“I would like to offer all of you in the Pearls room a big thank you from Brenden & Laura. Our son, Hayden has grown so much this year in his education and to come home and tell me all about intestines, kidneys, liver and today the bladder we are absolutely blown away. We feel that the education that you are providing all of the children in this room is of such a high standard that we are so glad we moved to World of Learning at the start of last year.
We also love getting the Daily Reflection each day, this helps us to work with Hayden on revision of his day, and hopefully re-enforcing his learning, without this tool, we wouldn’t know what he is up to. Laura and I are both looking forward to the rest of the year with Hayden under your care and can’t imagine what he is going to come home with next.”
– Laura & Brendan
“We moved our two children to this center at the start of 2013 and have been extremely impressed. The staff are all caring and kind. Our children are treated as though they are valued and are encouraged to develop and learn. The teachers are very innovative in their creation of activities and learning materials. They are taught about nutrition and healthy habits, my son told me that broccoli is in the good food section so we can eat lots of it, this is great. The food they get served is fantastic, there is great thought that goes into their menus and its all fresh, plenty of fruit, vegetables, cereals and very minimal processed foods. We are also very impressed with the management of the center, we have provided feedback to the center on a small problem and we are treated with respect and genuine care, so you feel free to talk with management. I would have no hesitation in recommending this center as a place where you can feel confident in leaving your children”
“My son Daniel has been attending World of Learning for the past 18 months . I appreciate the time and effort the educators have put into creating a nurturing environment for him that enhances his learning and caters to his interests. The centre has provided many community links that provides opportunities for the children to grow within the community by having incursions where the SES and Fire brigade have visited. The educators at World of Learning show true dedication to all children and take the time to interact with my son and show the care, attention and reassurance that he requires throughout the day. Daniel has not found it easy to say goodbye each morning and being greeted with a friendly face and welcoming arms has made it easier for him and me to return to work. My daughter will start in the babies room in January. I am very confident that she will receive the love and care that she deserves as I return to work.. Thank You World of Learning”
“My daughter has been going to Narellan World of Learning for two years now since the age of one. I could not be happier with the centre and especially the educators there. My daughter comes home every day with a smile on her face and it makes me happy knowing she enjoys her days when I can’t be with her. It is hard enough leaving them so you can go to work but this way makes it a little easier”
“Fantastic Centre that I have used for the past 3 years. They have a great preschool program which really helped my oldest daughter settle into school well. Fantastic staff that make your kids feel like they are part of one big family. Thank you for taking care of my children like they were your own, I am a very happy parent!”
We’d love to welcome you to one of our World of Learning Childcare & Early Education centres. If you would like to register your interest in a place at Narellan World of Learning, please fill out the childcare enrolment form below. One of our educators will then be in touch to discuss your needs.
Please note: filling in this form does not guarantee a place. We recommend visiting a centre for a tour and meeting our friendly educators.