This bendy craft is great fun for kids and adults alike! Get creative and make all kinds of fun fish that bend and move just like real fish!
- Coloured A4 sized paper
- White A4 sized paper
- Black marker
- First start with a piece of coloured paper of your choice, this will be the body for your fish!
- Fold one corner of the paper over to the other side to create a triangle fold (see pictures).
- Cut off the excess paper at the bottom of the folded triangle (keep this piece of paper for later).
- Unfold the paper and place the paper so that the crease is vertical, fold one corner of the paper inwards so that it lines up with the vertical crease in the middle. Repeat this for the other side.
- Unfold the paper to reveal the new creases, now fold the paper again from one corner to the other corner to create the triangle that you began with in step 2.
- Begin making small cuts in the paper from the folded section to the first crease with the scissors to create the scales for the fish. Be sure to leave room for the head and tail.
- Unfold the paper and glue one outer section of the paper without cuts and fold over to stick to the other section of the paper without cuts.
- To make the head use the scissors to round off the tip of the paper.
- Cut 2 small circles from the white paper and use the black marker to draw dots in the middle of the circles to create eyes! Stick the eyes on with some glue.
- Using the rectangle piece of paper you kept from step 3, cut out a mouth by cutting one end of the paper round and the other end to fit inside the fish and glue into place.
- To finish your creation, use coloured paper of your choice, cut out a tail and two fins and glue into place underneath your fish!
Hints and tips!
- Use different coloured paper for the fins, tail and mouth to create a colourful fish!